Lorne Central Foreshore Master Plan
The Lorne Central Foreshore Master Plan was developed in 2015 in consultation with the Lorne community on the future management of the Crown land reserves.
The Lorne Central Foreshore is an area of Crown land bounded by the Mantra Lorne complex, Mountjoy Parade and the Lorne Surf Life Saving Club. It includes the Lorne Sea Baths Precinct and skate park. The foreshore is an area of significance socially, economically and environmentally.
Through the master plan process, the previous master plan (completed in 1999) was reviewed, and the current facilities,
amenities and landscape assessed.
The main objectives of the master plan are to:
- Develop a master plan that improves the use and management of the precinct, and provides a vision and plan for the future.
- Analyse the projected impacts of climate change and coastal processes, and determine a strategy that accommodates these.
- Develop a stakeholder management strategy to address the issues of the central foreshore area now and into the future.
- Identify works that will upgrade and enhance the area while considering people's accessibility, use and enjoyment.
- Incorporate the key strategies from previous master plans and advisory documents.
- Consolidate community and stakeholder feedback, and incorporate appropriate elements into a final master plan design.
- Determine whether any additional opportunities for future use and development exist.
The release of the Issues and Opportunities paper is an important milestone in the development of a Lorne Central Foreshore Master Plan, and is part of the first stage of consultation for the planning process.
Consultation on this Issues and Opportunities Paper will occur over January – February 2017. Following this consultation period, all comments will be consolidated into a consultation report.
The timeframe for the project is:
April-May 2017 Draft Master Plan
July-August 2017 Final Plan.
ANZAC Memorial Park
The ANZAC Memorial Park project is being completed in line with the overall Lorne Central Foreshore Master Plan. This project aims to establish an ANZAC Memorial Garden in Lorne to increase public understanding and involvement in ANZAC commemorations and honour those who served.
The site is located between the Lorne Mantra and the northern foreshore car park and currently consists of two flag poles, a memorial cenotaph, two picnic tables, a small sign and lawn area.