Moggs Creek Board Walk
The timber board walk at Moggs Creek is undergoing a redevelopment process.
This project will see the existing timber board walk (which provides access to the coastal reserve and beach) at the site upgraded. The project aims to:
- Improve user experience
- Provide disabled access
- Improve access and useability for recreational fisherman
- Improve the facility's visual aesthetic
- Provide a structure that is long lasting (and has structural integrity within the coastal environment)
- Improve safety
- Provide education/interpretation via signage
- Minimise impacts on the natural environment
Demolition of the structure and construction was scheduled for late 2015 (in time for peak season), however these works were delayed due to threatened Hooded Plovers nesting nearby. Works commenced at the end of the Hooded Plover breeding season in 2016 and were completed in September 2016.
The project is supported by funding from the State Government.