Permits & licences

About this page

Permits are required for foreshore activities, including events, social gatherings of more than 20 people, beach weddings, filming/photography, yoga and personal training sessions, surfing competitions and many other similar activities where use of Crown land coastal reserves is required.

Surf schools, mobile food vendors and many other types of ongoing commercial activities taking place along the coast require a licence.

We also issue and manage leases for a range of coastal-dependent businesses, including caravan parks in Anglesea and Cumberland River - which are currently leased to private operators - and manage the lease relating to Lorne's Mantra Erskine House resort.