The outdoor works teams in Torquay and Lorne undertake a range of activities such as beach clean ups and facility maintenance on a regular basis.
Our Torquay and Lorne Reserves Teams undertake daily work to care for the coast. This work includes:
- Asset and facility building, repairs and maintenance (e.g. beach access points, tracks, amenities and signage).
- Coastal protection works (e.g. beach clean ups, revegetation work and weed control).
- Arbour works (e.g. tree risk mitigation).
- Waste management and collection
- Community event support (e.g. Lorne Pier to Pub, Anaconda Adventure Race, ANZAC Day Services).